free website stats program Stage 1 question | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 question

mustang67

I have a 2007 Street Bob and going to Stage 1 - new pipes, air cleaner. I believe you need to get it re-mapped. Correct?? I was told by someone at the dealer that said you could disconnect the battery and it will take care of it. Is that right? If so, that would save me a couple hundred bucks.

Thanks!

I have a 2007 Street Bob and going to Stage 1 - new pipes, air cleaner. I believe you need to get it re-mapped. Correct?? I was told by someone at the dealer that said you could disconnect the battery and it will take care of it. Is that right? If so, that would save me a couple hundred bucks.

Thanks!

Nope, you will need a new map or add a fueler

I would love too meet the guy that says "just unhook the battery and that will take care of it". It's a wonder some of these dealerships sell anything at all.

Get you a good tuner that you can adjust and go from there.

Guess ive been wasting good money on re maps and fuellers, tfi for basic stage 1 - works and doesn't cost the earth, SE tuner for me tho v every time

You might be able to get away with upgrading the air cleaner or exhaust but, not both at the same time. If you are on a budget, get the TFI and chose one of the others. Then you are good to go when you are ready to complete the stage 1 upgrade.

Back