free website stats program Stage 1 (part recommendations) | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 (part recommendations)

smirdad

I have a 2009 Ultra Classic, I recently installed Vance Hines turndown slip-on mufflers which casued the bike heat up (not to mention the 115 degrees temp over here). After reading on the topic it seems that I need to get a stage 1 on my bike.

I would greatly appreciate your help with recommendations on the specific parts that would give me the best results (reduce the head and maximize performance).

All parts will be installed by the local HD dealer (so, I do not want to lose the warranty).

Many thanks for your help,
-SAM

The HD stage 1 us a good choice as long as it has the K&N filter and not the usual cleanable paper filter.

The dealer is going to want to sell you their tuner and dyno time so you are looking at mucho bucks. The TFI will do what you need to do at a fraction of the cost and you can do it without doing anything to your warranty.

EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft

More on the TFI in this section.

Harley Davidson Community

Also take a look here about the waranty....

Dealers And The Magnusson-Moss Act - Harley Davidson Community

Glider has you covered here. It is your choice about the dealer but the TFI as you will read many times on this site is a good and cost effective way to go. Easy to install and for the money will provide you will what is needed to add the fuel to get the engine running better.

So GLider, let me get this straight. If I install a TFI, free flow exhaust along with the K&N air filter I don't have to have the bike re-mapped ?

So GLider, let me get this straight. If I install a TFI, free flow exhaust along with the K&N air filter I don't have to have the bike re-mapped ?

Another opinion here until Glider appears.

On my 2009 FLHR I use V&H true dual exhaust, Scream'n eaglle air, and Dobecks TFI .

NO HD re-mapp needed!

You Don't need the HD re-mapp!!! The TFI Adds the Fuel Needed and does a lot better job with the fuel mix then the HD Re-mapp will give you....

With TFI, You can adjust the fuel mix Anytime to satisfy your modifications If you change anything that requires changing the fuel mixture in the future... Simply adjust with a screwdriver.

Using a Harley re-mapp, Your bike will Still run Too Lean because EPA doesn't allow HD to re-mapp rich enough to give your engine the Fuel Needed that the TFI Will ! ...

TFI "without discounts" about 260$ shipped to you.

-10% if you mention HDT and if you have or are military,police,fireman, there is another discount available from Dobecks performance , check with them before ordering.

The TFi can be installed yourself and tuning is Easy as most here Have installed and tuned their own.

I doubt if You can find a negative opinion here on HDT members who use the TFI...

signed....BUBBIE

Correct.... The only thing the remap will do is to raise the rev limit which a stock engine doesn;t really benefit from because it runs out of the power curve with stock parts before it becomes that useful. The TFI will also give you a bit more fuel than the remap so it will run better.

Plu$, with the TFI, you'll $ave $$$ by $elf-tuning your $coot every time you in$tall any performance upgrade$.

HD will want to charge $40 - $60 for each re-map & not you control adjustments. Money well spent.

Hobbit Where in the UK can I get these parts

Marty

oops
also
What could I expect to pay in the UK for these parts
Marty

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok so I've already been sold the SERT with my stage 1.Can I do the same with this tuner as the TFI,or does it have to be done by Harley?

Back