free website stats program Stage 1 mpg losses? | Page 3 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 mpg losses?

I have 2002 FXD, installed stage 1 and big shots also rejetting was done by dealer. Did not notice changes in mpg.

I have no Idea but I bought my Sporty with Stage 1 Jets and Straight Pipes and I Get about 100 Miles a tank on a 3.5 Gallon tank!! I think its pretty good for such a small tank.

Finally got to ride my Staged One FatBob. Who cares about the gas mileage? I'll sacrfice a couple miles per gallon for what the new a/c and pc have done to her. I also have a 5 gallon gas tank. So what if I'm getting 35 to 40 now, I can still find a gas station between fill ups.

It's a common misconception when buying something with a small 4 cylinder engine that it will get better MPG than something with a 6 cylinder engine instead.
While the smaller engine is usually advertised at a higher MPG figure than the 4 cylinder, that same vehicle with a 6 cylinder engine in it may get equal or even better MPG than the 4 cylinder.
Reason being the 4 cylinder has to work harder to move the vehicle where the 6 cylinder works easier.
All bets are off if you are lead footing it.

I have an Acura MDX 7 passenger SUV with a 6 cylinder that is 270 HP and I have gotten 33 MPG on the road with the norm about 25MPG but around town with stop and go, it is about 14-16 MPG depending on the season (A/C) . There's a lot of smaller cars that can't get that kind of MPG even with a small engine but there are a few that will, problem is with them that you can't fit in them :D

I hear you loud and clear
I have a Saturn ion and i do love the MPG's
every time i see a charger or a pickup I want to crush the little plastic car like a juice box :newsmile107:. the car is now worth about half of what I have left to pay (thanks GM)
I would gladly give up 10 or 15 MPG's for some freaking room and a little class

I agree there, If it was MPG that people were after, they should have gotten a Vespa :newsmile042:.

fatguysonvespas.jpg

Glider, Is this your other ride?:bigsmiley20:

Just took my 09 SG out for its maiden voyage this weekend.

I have Rush Slip-ons with a SE heavy Breather. I followed Gliders rules where I accell from 30 to 60 and then decell back to 30 about 10 times. I also varied the speed, kept under 60, no 6th gear, etc. I was a good boy but over the weekend and I placed about 120 miles on the bike. My full tank is now under 1/4.

Now I knowo that those driving conditions are not optimal for fuel efficiency but then again, I can't imagine it being a whole lot better with normal riding.

On avg, how many miles can I expect to get with normal riding?

As long as you don't hold a constant highway speed, you can ride as normal without lugging the motor either. These motors don't start to really loosen up and run really good until about 5 thousand miles on the clock.

Just took my 09 SG out for its maiden voyage this weekend.

I have Rush Slip-ons with a SE heavy Breather. I followed Gliders rules where I accell from 30 to 60 and then decell back to 30 about 10 times. I also varied the speed, kept under 60, no 6th gear, etc. I was a good boy but over the weekend and I placed about 120 miles on the bike. My full tank is now under 1/4.

Now I knowo that those driving conditions are not optimal for fuel efficiency but then again, I can't imagine it being a whole lot better with normal riding.

On avg, how many miles can I expect to get with normal riding?

Mine got bad gas mileage the first few tanks. It got better. I can now get anywhere from 37 - 44 miles to the gallon. I think it all depends on that right wrist.

Back