free website stats program stage 1 kit | Harley Davidson Forums

stage 1 kit

hi everyone first post question i want to put a stage 1 kit on my 2009 harley sportster low i want to do it myself how much will this cost me and wht are some good combos out there i was thinkin arlen noss big sucker air filter kit and a thundermaxx or powercommander :newsmile042:

I'd probably look at the exhaust first. Check out YouTube for some sound clips. Check out some treads on different types. Slip-ons or go the whole way. Then you can choose an air filter/intake and have the FI mapped to compliment.

As Smitty said, there are a lot of choices that range in price. I'd window shop a bit to get a better feel on what you find affordable in your budget.

Good luck!

I have got a couple different opinions on this very subject. From, you really need the power commander and arlen ness breather with full pipes, to get SE Slip on's, SE Breather and the $150.00 HD down load. The latter being about $500.00 less. If going with budget in mind, about how much HP & TK you going to gain? As for myself, I ride pretty easy these days but would like to have the bike running a bit closer to it design capabilities and hey who doesn't like that harley rumble, right?

Thnks guys im all new to this kind off stuff but one more question Wht is the tfi, does it just plug in no downloads needed and where do i get one or some brands tht are good.So if i get my air intake done and i already have rush slip ons i just plug the tfi in and it will make the changes

Well anybody please correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I understand the power commander is more of a mid range increase in hp and tk. Going with the HD download, slip on's and breather it just adjusts fuel mixture & air giving you a bit more Horse Power and Torque, a little better sound and a better running bike. Now that's just how I understand it. With the power commander you can dyno the bike and get the best results.

Back