free website stats program Stage 1 Intake + reinstalled OEM Exhaust After Remap, Power Commander? | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 Intake + reinstalled OEM Exhaust After Remap, Power Commander?

sctr199

I recently bought a used 2008 XL1200C from a dealer. It came with Cycle Shack slip-ons and the salesman said a Stage 1 intake had been installed and the EFI remapped. If I leave the Stage 1 on and put the stock exhaust back on (I like quiet) do I need to get the EFI re-mapped again, if yes, could I just install a power commander? Am looking for the least expensive alternative. Thanks.

I assume you have O2 sensors installed in the header pipes. The bike comes from the factory too lean even in stock form. Reality is, a stage 1 download does nothing for closed loop steady cruise mixtures. Even converted back to stock form, you need to fatten it up. I would add a TFI fueler or fueler of your choice.

Agree with Hoople.

Even if you go back to stock pipes, a fuel tuner will cool things down for you and your engine. I don't think you can get any simpler and more affordable than the Dobeck TFI units available at a forum member discount. Give them a call!

Back