free website stats program Stage 1 info | Page 4 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 info

The PD's and the pressure chamber are similar to an X pipe setup of course the cat is gone....this keeps one from losing and possibly increasing the low end torque that is lost on true duals like the DD's. Has to do with exhaust flow and pressure...not smart enough to totally explain the technical details. Others here certainly are able to explain that part. Thus perhaps better performance, but my seat feel and ridin style likely would never know the difference. For me my setup pulls just fine, not hound dogging like I once did, now just ridin'. I also am partial to the classic look of the DD's ( though I do like the Bassani true dual left and right side look too) and am not a fan of the " chamber" look of the PD's. Can't help with the emissions as I don't have that test as part of my inspection. Perhaps someone who does can chime in.

I would say that the best options for not giving up any torque when replacing the head pipe are the V&H Power Duals, Fuel Moto X-pipe or the S&S Power Tune head pipe. Since the OP already has V&H slipons and the V&H FP3, the V&H Power Duals make sense IMHO. The OEM ECM is setup to generate and ARF of 14.7, once auto tuned by the FP3, that will probably richen up the AFT to 13.2-13.8; I have not idea how that registers on an emissions test but it just might pass. I would keep the OEM head pipe for a future sale or trade. I am pretty sure the FP3 will save the OEM ECM program, so if the re-programmed ECM fails an emissions test, down load the original ECM program for the leaner AFR and repeat the test. Once passed, download your auto tuned program and you are back in business for a year.;)

In my opinion it does not matter, some are concerned about warranty issues but a dealer will do a stage 1 upgrade to get into your pocket while scoot is under warranty with no issues.

In my opinion it does not matter, some are concerned about warranty issues but a dealer will do a stage 1 upgrade to get into your pocket while scoot is under warranty with no issues.
Thanks. I bought mine then had back surgery and haven't rode since January. We have had a lot of beautiful days this winter in tx and it makes me sick. Hopefully just a few more weeks.

Thanks. I bought mine then had back surgery and haven't rode since January. We have had a lot of beautiful days this winter in tx and it makes me sick. Hopefully just a few more weeks.

Hopefully you'll be back in the in the saddle soon, riding makes good therapy.

Wow, bummer hope you are back on that scoot very soon! Yep been a mild winter here in north TX for sure. Lot more riding time this winter.

The PD's and the pressure chamber are similar to an X pipe setup of course the cat is gone....this keeps one from losing and possibly increasing the low end torque that is lost on true duals like the DD's. Has to do with exhaust flow and pressure...not smart enough to totally explain the technical details. Others here certainly are able to explain that part. Thus perhaps better performance, but my seat feel and ridin style likely would never know the difference. For me my setup pulls just fine, not hound dogging like I once did, now just ridin'. I also am partial to the classic look of the DD's ( though I do like the Bassani true dual left and right side look too) and am not a fan of the " chamber" look of the PD's. Can't help with the emissions as I don't have that test as part of my inspection. Perhaps someone who does can chime in.
I'm not going to be out acting up myself so I don't know if I really need the PD's or the DD's. That's another 6 bills but figure if your going to do a Stage 1 You might as well do it right even if it takes a year or two. I just haven't gotten to ride my FLHXS much to see what it can really do. I know my 12 Heritage Classic which was my first big bike would scoot.

Back