free website stats program Stage 1 info | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 info

Kbscooter

I'm new to the forum and would like some input. I'm looking to do a upgrade to my new 15 Street Glide Special. I had the V&H Monster Round slip ons added when I purchased it and now have bought the High Flow Screaming Eagle AC that I am installing. I asked the dealer I went to last week about the Fuelpak when I purchased the AC and he informed me not to install the Fuelpak due to bikes coming in with burnt up cylinders. He said only do the Stage 1 download from the dealership only. I'm not a big tech but and now not sure what to do. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Your dealer is trying to get deeper in your pocket. The factory down load reset ECM to a predetermined EPA approved spec and slightly raises rev limiter. I am surprised dealer did not talk about a Screaming Eagle tuner. You will need to make a decision before installing air cleaner kit for bike will not run well at all do to a serious lean condition which can hurt engine in long run. So research out the different fuelers.
Some helpful reading:
http://www.hdtimeline.com/threads/question.57755/

Your dealer is trying to get deeper in your pocket. The factory down load reset ECM to a predetermined EPA approved spec and slightly raises rev limiter. I am surprised dealer did not talk about a Screaming Eagle tuner. You will need to make a decision before installing air cleaner kit for bike will not run well at all do to a serious lean condition which can hurt engine in long run. So research out the different fuelers.
Some helpful reading:
http://www.hdtimeline.com/threads/question.57755/
Yes he said to install ac then come in to download ECM. He said that's all I need otherwise I'm chancing problems. He was at parts desk. He said they don't recommend any other changes. I was leaning towards FP3 since I could download myself possibly. If so would I still need ECM download first or does the FP3 take its place?

You do not have to spend the $150.00 plus at dealer for download. The fueler you are choosing has many great options to set up bike for added air cleaner and pipes. The link in the above post is a good read and should answer your question. Also on Vance and Hines FP3 site the FAQ has many answers to many questions.

+1 on Bernie's post's. Dealer want's more of your hard earned cash with very little results. With the mods you've done a fuel pack of your choice is the next thing to do. You'll be running to lean and will want to richen it up a bit plus adding more fuel will help cool the engine.

You do not have to spend the $150.00 plus at dealer for download. The fueler you are choosing has many great options to set up bike for added air cleaner and pipes. The link in the above post is a good read and should answer your question. Also on Vance and Hines FP3 site the FAQ has many answers to many questions.
Thanks for your help. I have been looking into the Fuelpak for a bit then went to dealer for the AC and he threw that on me. I've read that some dealers will do that and other are helpful. I have a 2015 FLHXS and the FP3 sounded like a good option and easy to program per Revzilla YouTube.

Thanks for your help. I have been looking into the Fuelpak for a bit then went to dealer for the AC and he threw that on me. I've read that some dealers will do that and other are helpful. I have a 2015 FLHXS and the FP3 sounded like a good option and easy to program per Revzilla YouTube.

The dealer will be more then happy to take your money and tell you you need things you really don't.
Best advice I can give you is ask HERE before you buy or have things done by the dealer. Members here on HDT are more than willing to help and best of all it's free.

Last edited:
That's why you have to choose your dealer carefully. Some dealers have great people working there and are driven to have great customer service not just filling up the coffers of the dealer principle.

That is a typical IMO My dealer here in Jax suggested any thing but the download

If you're going to do more mods in future such as cam etc., Look at the Cobra FI 2000. A bit more pricey than the FP3, but no maps or downloads to worry about. I use one on my Stage III engine and it works fine.

Back