free website stats program Stage 1 ideas | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 ideas

I am trying to put my stage 1 together for a 2011 road king. In the future I want to do cams, a 103 kit and heads, so i am trying to build it now with that in mind. Here is what I have come up with. V&H Hi-output slipons with power duals, stage 1 down load with the Dobeck Gen 3.5 TFI and the A.N. big sucker stage 2. Can the more experienced folks give me some feed back on this setup and if I am headed in the right direction?

I thought I read, and I may very well be wrong, that the TFI works with the download, where the stage 1 richens the fuel and raises the rev limiter. Im confused

Glidewide,

Make sure totell them you are a forum member when you order the TFI.
The great people at Doebeck give members a discount.
Also if you are a vet

I am trying to put my stage 1 together for a 2011 road king. In the future I want to do cams, a 103 kit and heads, so i am trying to build it now with that in mind. Here is what I have come up with. V&H Hi-output slipons with power duals, stage 1 down load with the Dobeck Gen 3.5 TFI and the A.N. big sucker stage 2. Can the more experienced folks give me some feed back on this setup and if I am headed in the right direction?

You can do what you have said, or just buy/install a PC V which just requires a new fuel map after you have done your mods which you can do yourself with a laptop or desktop PC(but then you need to remove the PC V). Dynojet is great to work with and the PC V is very user friendly. Add their auto tune modules and save the cost of having a dyno done on it. I have been very happy with mine as have several others using the PC V.

Sort of depends how much money you want to spend. I've got the PCV because for a little more money it has more features for adapting to modifications than the TFI. Now if money was no object the thundermax seems to be the tuner of choice. I've recently installed the Fuelmoto stage 1 upgrade and I am pretty happy with it. The Jackpot slipons are fairly tame and the PCV dropped my mpg considerably (planning on downloading a mpg map) but overall the setup has the best bang for the buck.

Back