free website stats program Stage 1 here I come! | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 here I come!

The A/C and pipes will help a little. The any tuner done with care will richen up an FI Harley (they run lean from the factory) The best upgrade is heads and Cams. The stack heads really nead to be opened up to get really great preformance. If your bike can't breath it can't really perform.

Speed cost; how much you want to go?

I rode Home on a new 09 FLHR and was Not Happy with the over all performance.. TOO SLUGISH.....

Bought in Bend Oregon after waiting 3 days for voltage regulator to arrive for my 2ooo FXDS broken down while wife and I were out on a 2 wk. Loooooong ride.

When I got new bike home it was Broken-in with about 1000 miles on it.

I installed V&H slip-ons (both sides, big holes). Scream'Eagle Air and TFI... Now to Me THAT made the bike run like it should of in the first place.. Much cooler running and More Responsive..

I later installed SE 255 cams and SE adjustable push-rods.
Re adjusted the TFI (actually Leaned it up on pot one Just a Wee Bit) ..
WOW The cams did Increase the runability of the bike.. WOW..

Getting Closer,

The Full Plan from the start,,, IS being done "Piece-Meal"... It is a Proven Build that works well, All at Once or IN STAGES like I'm doing..

Next After I get the FULL Use out of my 96" stock build pistons, I will add the 103" flat top pistons and Head work/manual p.relief valves at that time, by "Dewey's Heads" about 40 minutes away from me in Wa.

Now Others that have done this Same Build,,, has Put SMILES on their faces and allows many bikes Hear their exhaust from BEHIND.

About Next Riding Season I'll Finish the upgrades and be right up in the Lead.

I'm Very Happy with what it is "Right Now" and could be HAPPY just to leave it Here.. BUT you know.

signed....BUBBIE

Installed the K&N A/C kit and the TFI today. Seems a bit more responsive and maybe sounds a little deeper (Rush slip-ons). I can hear it breathing now, so all is well. Time to look toward stage 2....

Back