free website stats program Stage 1 here I come! | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 here I come!

danthern

With 11K on my 2010 FXDC and after much research today I ordered the K&N a/c kit and a Dobeck TFI (FI-1250ST). Already have Rush 1.75 slip ons with 2" baffles. May be changing (hopefully) very soon to V&H Big Radius 2 into 2's. The installation on the TFI and the a/c looks fairly simple and I don't think I'll have too much trouble. I do have a manual as well. I'm really looking forward to the upgrade and what I hope will be a noticable performance improvement. Any tips or words of wisdom as I go forward?. I figure I've got a 5 day wait on shipping and I know that a bunch of you guys are knowledgeable on this subject. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Thanks....it's possible to ride year round here (Alabama) if you can tolerate a bit of cold so I didn't put her away for the winter. Going to be 80 today and beautiful. Springtime!

Great choice in tuner(s) and a few thoughts from my install are:

1. Think about tuner placement so you have an idea where to run wires.
2. Follow tank disconnect instructions & protect/cover tank from damage (thick blanket/tower)
3. Start w/recommended settings & fine tune pots to your liking.
4. Run a few tanks through & check MPG's to make sure you're not set too rich

Remember Dobeck has a section to post questions on this forum so they're there to assist.

Enjoy!

I noticed some difference when I changed the exhaust from stock and added a V&H tuner and different intake, but I just completed upgrading the cams, and the diffeence is amazing. Doesn't even feel like the same bike, money well spent.:bigsmiley12:

Thanks for the input. That's exactly the kinds of things I want/need to know. I'll keep the forum posted as to the progress and results. Thanks again and keep those opinions coming!

I forgot to ask....The TFI will plug in to the empty plug in the harness under the seat, correct?

Last edited by a moderator:
With 11K on my 2010 FXDC and after much research today I ordered the K&N a/c kit and a Dobeck TFI (FI-1250ST). Already have Rush 1.75 slip ons with 2" baffles. May be changing (hopefully) very soon to V&H Big Radius 2 into 2's. The installation on the TFI and the a/c looks fairly simple and I don't think I'll have too much trouble. I do have a manual as well. I'm really looking forward to the upgrade and what I hope will be a noticable performance improvement. Any tips or words of wisdom as I go forward?. I figure I've got a 5 day wait on shipping and I know that a bunch of you guys are knowledgeable on this subject. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
You will be very happy with the results. I just put a new a/c and tuner on my ultra and it woke the bike up considerably. You might have an initial drop in MPG because you will more then likely be heavy handed, but that will taper off.
Wow, 11K on your 2010? I have 1400mi, & am waiting for the weather to break so I can resume riding her! I salute you!
I put 3500+ miles on my ultra this year already, and I live in northern Wisconsin. Of course, I just got back from Corpus Christi, so......

Hi, great choices. You will loose a little fuel economy but that will be your fault. Tough to stay off the throttle! Enjoy it... The Rush pipes will wake up also, might end up keeping them.

I forgot to ask....The TFI will plug in to the empty plug in the harness under the seat, correct?

Not sure this is correct. Pretty sure it's wired directly to the battery. Go to their website and I believe you can download or at least view the installation instructions for your bike.

Back