free website stats program Stage 1 Exhaust Follow Up | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 Exhaust Follow Up

2009 FXDF Fatbob. Just bolted on Rush slip-on mufflers with 2 inch baffles. Also bolted on HD screaming eagle stage 1 exhaust kit. Have appointment tomorrow morning with the dealer to do ECM remap. In the meantime, I took it for a short spin just to hear it. Jeez, it's LOUD. Also popping on decel. Question: after the remap, is it gonna quiet down some, and will the pop on decel go away?

Sorry about the original post. That's screaming eagle stage 1 air INTAKE kit. Brain cramp.

Rush slip ons. Stage 1 air intake upgrade. Not yet remapped. Loud as (EDIT) and popping. Shall I expect the remap to quiet it down a tad and/or fix popping?

I hope so, otherwise it's gonna require earplugs. For the neighbors and me. Sheesh. :)

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
The remap will probably cure the popping but I doubt you will notice it any quieter. The two inch baffels have been on this site before as being loud. You may want to go to the one and three quarters.

just got my 05 rk police, going through same problems. no answers yet. hope someone out there has the answers..............bw

I added SE muffler slip ons and a K&N air filter to my '06 S. Glide. Did not remap and got the same popping on decel. Was gonna add a fuel controller but never did. Didn't see any problems in the 17k I put on the bike.

Back