free website stats program Stage 1 done. Whats the next most cost effective perf upgrade? | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 done. Whats the next most cost effective perf upgrade?

Keithhu

Folks, got V&H BSS, SERT. Looking for the next perf upgrade but not looking to dump a ton of money at it. Whats a good but modest costing perf upgrade, and what would the result be?

You state that the Stage 1 is done in the title of your thread but you didn't mention it in your post - did you put on a freer flowing air cleaner? If not, that would definitely be the next step as it's probably the least expensive component of the full Stage 1 and it officially completes that upgrade for you.

You state that the Stage 1 is done in the title of your thread but you didn't mention it in your post - did you put on a freer flowing air cleaner? If not, that would definitely be the next step as it's probably the least expensive component of the full Stage 1 and it officially completes that upgrade for you.

Air filter recommendations?:)

Hey Keithhu, I see that you put Vance and Hines pipes on your bike. I am getting ready to do the Stage 1 to my 03 Heritage. I'm thinking about the V&H Bigshot Long for mine. Unfortunately i've been to a few rally's and haven't heard them yet but people tell me they sound nice. Is that what you have? What are BSS? How do you like your pipes?

What are BSS? How do you like your pipes?

As Hobbit said, Big Shots Staggered. I love em! They are loud no doubt. More of an agressive sound, not 'burbly', like some pipes. I think if you want that sound you can add the quiet baffles, but not sure.

Pic of BSS on my Heritage is here: http://keithhu.smugmug.com/Other/2010-FLSTC/405671034251af554ee2o/700942699_nNaT7-X2.jpg

AMore of an agressive sound, not 'burbly', like some pipes.
Pic of BSS on my Heritage is here: http://keithhu.smugmug.com/Other/2010-FLSTC/405671034251af554ee2o/700942699_nNaT7-X2.jpg

They have a nice 'BLAA-A-A-A-' sound when I'm cruising in 5th on a surface street and accelerate to pass someone. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Back