free website stats program Stage 1 Advice please.... | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Stage 1 Advice please....

Welcome!! I also have a 2010 fatboy lo, and the 1st major upgrade I did was adding V& H slipons at the 1000 mile mark, and went with what the dealer suggested since my bike is under warranty and I plan on keeping the bike a long time.. They added the Kuryakin tuner, high flo airfilter and did the Dyno test, The bike runs a lot better after the upgrade. Sorry not a techie so dont know all the specifics but once the dyno was done they gave me a printed diagram and showed me where it would be performing better. I trust my dealership as they have been very good to me so far and a year later the bike runs great!

I went with the Stage 1. V&H Double Barrels, SE Heavy Breather, TTS tuner and custom dyno tune.

The HD Stage 1 air cleaner is adequate but liked the looks of the SE Heavy Breather.

I wanted a quite exhaust with good performance and the V&H Double Barrels were recommended for my bike by V&H.

Got a deal from a local tuner that uses the TTS. Think the SERT does not allow you to lower the Air/Fuel ratio. The TTS allows you to so no more fried thighs.

When the bike was stock I never used 6th gear to around 60-65 mph.

Now the bike shifts into 6th at 50 mph and has gone down to 45 mph with no problems.

IMG_0584.jpg

I am now a believer in dyno tuning.

I think the tuners that require a dyno are kind of like the cash cows of the dealers. I have a friend who has done the power commander with the dyno tune and spent 2-3 times what I spent for my TFI. He may have a few more horse (I don't know as I didn't need a dyno run or two) but now he wants new pipes and has to do the tune all over again. If I want new pipes, I put em on and change the TFI myself. :s

Back