free website stats program Stabilizer | Harley Davidson Forums

Stabilizer

harle

what rear stbilizer do yall use and how do u like it. I have a 04 rd king had the wobble since new ready to try a stabilizer so many to choose from.THANKS

Progressive Biker Brace from Eastern Performance. ($158 and no extra for shipping) 2008 Road King

Good price, steel mounting plate rather than aluminum. Made noticeable difference especially in strong, gusty cross wind. Seems more stable in sweeping turns like interstate cloverleaf entries and exits. I never had a high speed wobble, but the difference between before and after suggests this should have been included from the factory (until the new frame was developed.) I am pleased.

Whichever way you go, I couldn't find any torque values for the transmission pan bolts, so I used 12-14 NM because that is what the primary chain case cover uses and the bolts are similar, if not identical. Nothing stripped. If anyone else has "hard date", please chime in.

I have the Progressive Stabilizer. The reason I chose that one is the fact it doesn't use the cross member on the frame and I can still use a jack. I also got it from Eastern Performance. They had the best price.

Back