free website stats program Sta-Bil | Harley Davidson Forums

Sta-Bil

glider.

BOT Machine
This is an excellent fuel treatment for winter lay up in any gasoline engine. It can also be used in Diesel engines but is a different product than the gas engines.

I use this in all my gasoline engines over the winter and found that the engines start much easier in the spring time than without the use of Sta-Bil.

tn136s3.jpg

• America's top selling fuel stabilizer keeps fuel fresh for quick, easy starts after storage
  • Removes water to prevent corrosion and cleans carburetors and fuel injectors
  • Protects engine from gum, varnish, rust, and corrosion
  • Prolongs engine life
  • Eliminates the need to drain fuel before storage
  • For all 2-cycle and 4-cycle gasoline engines
STA-BIL, Fuel Stabilizer, Ethanol Treatment Products | Gold Eagle

Good stuff, been around for years like Sea Foam, we are going to need it now more than ever with all this bad gasJMO

With all the great things Sta-Bil does what so you thind about using it all year round as an additive?

Product saved many "winterized" bikes over the years...since the 60's I think, probably earlier (way before I was "thinking" about owning a motorcycle) anyways...LOL

I have been using Stabil for many years. I add it to all my small engines prior to storage. Usually add it to the gas and then run the engine for a bit then turn of gas supply till the engine dies. Seems to work as when I fire them up again.... no problems. I never have used it as an additive during regular operating. My scooter does not sit long enough to need it. :p

With all the great things Sta-Bil does what so you thind about using it all year round as an additive?

I would only add it if you let the bike sit with a partial tank for weeks or months. In climates (like Calgary) where you get warm cold cycles (not a pun) all year I would be sure to keep a full tank or add Sta-Bil.

I fill my tank in the winter and add Sta-Bil. Filling the tank is even MORE important than adding the Sta-Bil. Moisture can't collect if there's a smaller airspace. And steel covered in fuel will not rust. It's the water sitting on top of the fuel that rusts your tank or corrodes other fuel system parts. The Sta-Bil attaches to the water and prevents the corrosion.

I also use it for the winter but I was wondering about year round use as a cleaner to make the gas burn better.

I use Sta-Bil for winter storage and Manhattan Oil LHP as an additive during the riding season.

I also use it for the winter but I was wondering about year round use as a cleaner to make the gas burn better.

Sta-Bil is not intended as a cleaner, there's better products for that. It is to prevent corrosion caused by moisture or other contaminants in your fuel system. If you burn gas at a regular rate you don't need Sta-Bil.

I keep it in the garage gas can (lawn mower , snow blower) year round. Pulled my lawn mower out this spring filled the gas tank 5 pushes on the primer and one pull. We were off and running. I don't keep it in the bike year round, like mentioned prevously, there are better things for that. Stabil keeps the evaporation rate down and reduces the build up of varnish. Made in Chicago area.

Back