free website stats program Sta-bil vs seafoam | Page 5 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sta-bil vs seafoam

Marine Formula STA-BIL
•America's #1 Selling Marine Fuel Additive Brand!
•BEST Ethanol Blended Fuel Enhancer!
•More than FOUR TIMES the Fuel System Cleaner than in Regular STA-BIL
•DOUBLE the corrosion preventer than in Regular STA-BIL
•Prevents corrosion from moisture & water attraction
•Improves marine engine performance YEAR-ROUND, not just for seasonal storage

Since all gas has some ethanol in it these days this is what I have been using on everything. Also many of the marine engines these days are 4 cycle too

Marine Formula STA-BIL
•America's #1 Selling Marine Fuel Additive Brand!
•BEST Ethanol Blended Fuel Enhancer!
•More than FOUR TIMES the Fuel System Cleaner than in Regular STA-BIL
•DOUBLE the corrosion preventer than in Regular STA-BIL
•Prevents corrosion from moisture & water attraction
•Improves marine engine performance YEAR-ROUND, not just for seasonal storage

Since all gas has some ethanol in it these days this is what I have been using on everything. Also many of the marine engines these days are 4 cycle too

Is it better than Marvel Mystery Oil?

That's what I'm trying next when my Sea-Foam runs out (which will be VERY soon).

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned PRI-G... That stuff is for serious fuel storage... High cost up front, but less than 10 cents a gallon per use. I don't know if they make a better fuel treatment.

Nitro-Pak: PRI-G Gas Treatment / Pint

PRI-G and PRI-D: Power Research Inc.
Primary ingredient = Shellsol D60 (Shell Gas Company). A hydrocarbon solvent. See Shellsol description below. Also contains amines and organic dispersants. Risk of attracting and absorbing water, very low.

My guess is that this is already in Shell gas

My guess is that this is already in Shell gas

There's a Walmart nearby that asks during fill ups if you want an additive, for an additional cost per gallon. I reckon it injects it through the pump some how. Hmmm... wonder if that's Shell gasoline + PRI-G

I don't normally add anything in the winter, just make sure the tank is full. I don't drain it in the spring either and have never had any problems. I'll probably try the Amsoil stuff though since I use the oil and am happy, thanks for the info Tank!

I use sta=bil in everything in winter only lanmowers atvs hotrod chainsaw gas no probs yet and we have some of the countries harshest and longest winters here. never tried or even seen seafoam so may work just as well. sta=bil is advertised as a fuel stabilizer tho hence the name. it shouldnt evaporate and leave residue as stated by someone b4 if u fill up everything to the top b4 winter to reduce condinsate

I have used Seafoam for the past couple of winters with great results. I also use it in my lawn mower.

Back