free website stats program St Augustine Harley Dealer Closing | Harley Davidson Forums

St Augustine Harley Dealer Closing

Was there once and the people were nice. Got me right in and looked at a little problem I was having. Hate to hear that.

Unfortunately that's what happens when you have a mega dealer close to a small dealer. HD is looking to limit the nuimber of dealers. That means long travel, higher prices and less of a selection.

This, along with the "no eBay" "no selling to Independents" means higher maintenance costs for the customers.

I don't think that's a good business model. The local dealer in my area abandoned the north end of the county years ago. It's closer for me to go to the New Smyrna or the Seminole county dealer than it is to go to Space Coast Harley.

It's the sign of the times and the headquarters are going to 'prune' the tree a bit more. The hidden things not mentioned in the article about the dealer closure are the sales figures for new motorcycle sales, under-producing dealerships will be trimmed. On another forum two Honda dealers and possibly a Harley dealership owned by the Honda dealership may close.
I dislike seeing people loose their jobs and businesses, it will continue until things get better.
On a good note Gulf Coast Harley Davidson in New Port Richey has started on a dealership in Panama City, FL

Last edited:
If I read the article correctly the MOCO is offering an incentive (Money) for a dealership to close. They would rather a dealer close up shop and lay people off than have them sell the dealership to someone who would keep it open and people employed? There must be a logical (from the MOCOs') explanation but it escapes me!!!

Back