free website stats program Squeeky exhaust valve ? | Harley Davidson Forums

Squeeky exhaust valve ?

martywild

I have an 09 UG it has just under 3K on the clock and is stock. There is a chirrping sound when I accelerate and decelerate, I have been told by the dealer that it is the exhaust butterfly valve squeeking and should not be a problem, they are going to speak to HD about it as they have never encountered it before. :eam

Has anybody out there come across this and if so found a fix.

This is my first HD after many years of BMW ownership, and am pleasantly suprised. cant wait for some decent weather it has rained and snowed ever since I bought it but that has not deterred me from riding it yet.

Thank You Hobbit, it was something I had not heard of, you would have thought they would have sorted it out by now, its almost louder than the exhausts?

My 07 UC had a slight "birdie-chirp" with the stock muffs. took them off and put some V&H's tapered slash cut on and can't hear the lil' tweety anymore.

International bikes have it, probably won't be long before the domestic ones get it too if they don't have it already. I think it's referred to as active exhaust. The international bikes also have the funky intake with the flapper too.

International bikes have it, probably won't be long before the domestic ones get it too if they don't have it already. I think it's referred to as active exhaust. The international bikes also have the funky intake with the flapper too.

I was thinking it would be a international thing

I purchased my 08 Electra-Glide brand new from Trev Deeley in Vancouver.

This is a Canadian machine and definitely no "exhaust valve" except for the one found inside each cylinder head. Haven't heard of any other bikes in Canada with this device either.

Must be installed on Harleys destined for overseas markets eh?

Anyone have a picture of this device?

Back