free website stats program Squeaky brakes | Harley Davidson Forums

Squeaky brakes

89 FXRS

I'm trying to help a friend of mine out - he put a pair of some aftermaket polished stainless steel rotors on his 02 electra glide classic and is having a problem with the brakes squeaking right before comming to a stop - I tried putting new stock H-D pads, bleeding the brakes, aligning the right fork leg like the book says - and no luck, they stop fine but that squeek is very very annoying - thought maybe putting a few miles on them might help and still no luck - any other suggestions???

Get a can of brake cleaner and spray the rotors and calipers down really well.

Has anyone heard of or tried Lyndall brake pads - read where they don't squeek much and don't produce dust like the H-D ones do

Excellent pads. Call and talk to Paul jr or sr and get the straight scoop from them. Real straight shooters.

glyder - is it true that they don't squeek much? Also their ad states "dust and rotor wear are eliminated" - this is on the gold plus compound - any insite on this???

It's pretty much the truth except you are still going to get some rotor wear, just not like the harder pads do,

Back