Squeaky brakes

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by 89 FXRS, Apr 11, 2009.

1. 89 FXRS

89 FXRS Active Member

I'm trying to help a friend of mine out - he put a pair of some aftermaket polished stainless steel rotors on his 02 electra glide classic and is having a problem with the brakes squeaking right before comming to a stop - I tried putting new stock H-D pads, bleeding the brakes, aligning the right fork leg like the book says - and no luck, they stop fine but that squeek is very very annoying - thought maybe putting a few miles on them might help and still no luck - any other suggestions???

2. jimharvey1

jimharvey1 Junior Member

Get a can of brake cleaner and spray the rotors and calipers down really well.

3. dangerdan

dangerdan Junior Member

4. glider

glider Veteran Member

5. 89 FXRS

89 FXRS Active Member

Has anyone heard of or tried Lyndall brake pads - read where they don't squeek much and don't produce dust like the H-D ones do

6. glider

glider Veteran Member

Excellent pads. Call and talk to Paul jr or sr and get the straight scoop from them. Real straight shooters.

7. 89 FXRS

89 FXRS Active Member

glyder - is it true that they don't squeek much? Also their ad states "dust and rotor wear are eliminated" - this is on the gold plus compound - any insite on this???

8. glider

glider Veteran Member

It's pretty much the truth except you are still going to get some rotor wear, just not like the harder pads do,