free website stats program Squeaking belt: Napa syl- glide or....? | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Squeaking belt: Napa syl- glide or....?

The drawback to using something like sil-glide is that it attracts dust, dirt and other debris. A squeaky belt does not hurt anything as long as the belt is properly adjusted.

My belt is adjusted properly and after a long ride letting bike sit a bit before parking and not running, as I back bike to its spot in garage belt will chirp a bit. Does not do it while riding or when cold before ride. I equate to the bike getting older.

I equate to the bike getting older. That's probably it cause I am the same way...once I get moving I'm ok but if I stop awhile I start popping and creaking till I get going again.:eek:

I had a guy loose the tip of his finger one time trying to quiet fan belt down while car was running......
I equate to the bike getting older. That's probably it cause I am the same way...once I get moving I'm ok but if I stop awhile I start popping and creaking till I get going again.:eek:
The saying goes, nobody said it would be easy getting old...o_O

Back