free website stats program squeak on left side | Harley Davidson Forums

squeak on left side

THOM1

have a squeak on the left of motor only when i have a lag on motor at low speed and go for the gas . just had 10000 mile service primary chain good ,belt looks good. i am not certain if it is a melal sound or a rubber sound just know there is a squeak any help sounds to be at front left of motor or poss. primary . 06 road king

Check exhaust rubbers at hangers and rear floor boards, horn cover. Sometimes noise travels.

Try the cheap fixes first. Re-check your drive belt. Make sure it is within tolerances. A loose belt ... even just a week bit loose ... can make some really strange sounds. Rule out the belt.

As above stated, probably the rear exhaust rubber mount for muffler. While its idling and squeaking try resting your shoe on each pipe to see if it goes away. My friend with a 2008 ultra just had to change his for the same problem. They aren't too expensive. :)

exhaust very common the end rubbers wedge something in there to take up the space quick fix

Try some Silglide from Napa in those exhaust hangars on the Baggers, they like to squeak:s

I recently had a similar noise ('03 RK) - I couldn't tell if it was the brake grabbing, loose exhaust, belt, etc. Finally tracked it down to the Primary Chain - it was a hair on the tight side. Loosening it to spec solved the problem.

Good Luck.

Had a similar sound on my 02 Ultra this weekend, I actually found the cause by accident; it was my heel shift lever! I found it by moving my heel to the long part of of the lever and holding a little pressure toward the motor, while applying the pressure; no sound, when I released pressure the sound was back. I solved it by taking the rear lever off, I have been debating doing this anyway to keep from looking for the heel shifter when going back & forth between my Lowrider & the Ultra.

Well mine was squeaking too. Figured i show a couple of pics of the broken mount and where it came from.
IMG_20110824_191708.jpg
IMG_20110824_192120.jpg

Sound reflections off the windshield will make any noise hard to locate. A noise reflecting off the windshield really is coming from in front of you, yet the source is elsewhere. Exhaust heat shields love to chirp when they touch each other or the exhaust pipe at other than the mount ring.

Back