free website stats program spun bearings | Harley Davidson Forums

spun bearings

So I took my 2014 Road King in for it's 1,000 mile service. A bit after dropping it off I get a call from the dealer saying that the counter shaft has spun a bearing and the entire transmission housing must be replaced. It won't cost me a thing and they are delivering a loaner bike until mine is done. Just wondering if this has happened to anyone elses touring model bike? Or is it a isolated case.

Does seem a bit strange since you did not complain of any strange noises. I think it is exceptional customer service that the dealer is giving you a loaner bike to use in the mean time.

If they found this issue on your 1,000 mile inspection good for them. Maybe theres hope for some HD dealerships.

Actually the dealership I bought my bike at has got to be one of the better places. Within a 50 mile radius there are 5 dealers so they try harder. This is the second time my new bike has been in to get fiwed. First time I had it for 2 days and noticed fluid leaking from the forks. Was a few miles from them and went in. They gave me a loaner until they fixed it. Took 1 day to fix and I kept the loaner for an extra day. Rode it just like I stole it! FUN! Even though these things are not their fault, they are apoligetic about the whole thing. Hopfully I didn't get a lemon. But I did get the extended service plan. Useally a waste of money but this time maybe not. I'm also surprised they found the spun bearing. I'll keep this forum posted on the outcome.

Actually the dealership I bought my bike at has got to be one of the better places. Within a 50 mile radius there are 5 dealers so they try harder.

Don't keep us guessing - what's the name of this outstanding dealership?

Back