spun aluminium speedo/tacho

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by boardy, Feb 23, 2010.

1. boardy

boardy Member

I am looking to get the spun aluminium speedo/tacho (part no 74753-08) but need some questions answering before I spend that sort of money (tried Harley and local dealer but no definate answers).

Has anybody fitted this combo to their bike? Looking at the picture in the catalogue the white indicator needles look hard to see against the face of the unit, is this the case?

Also, are all the idiot lights that are present on my 2009 Road King replicated on this model of speedo/tach?

Security system lamp
    Cruise lamp
    Low fuel warning
    Engine check
    Battery discharge
    6th gear
    ABS

Odo
    Trip A & B
    Fuel range
    Clock
    Means of disarming alarm via pin number/re-entering new pin number.

Cheers in advance,
    Chris.

2. lasvegasrick

lasvegasrick Member

i have all 6 on my ultra,looks great,a little hard to see the low fuel lite in the sun but at nite they are awsome.......

3. bradp

bradp Member

Have it installed on an 09 FLHRC. Works great , looks good, and all the idiot lights that are the same as stock. Real easy to see at night.

4. Scrounger

Scrounger Active Member

Do they light up white like the FLHTK gauges?

5. boardy

boardy Member

Thanks for the replies, I just wish that the dealers/Harley could have give me the answers in the first place.

Regards,

Chris.

England.

6. Marten

Marten Member

When i looked @ it for my 07 Road King the clock is missing, went with handle mount not because of the clock but the view position of the tach.

7. bouncer

bouncer New Member

Just had it installed this month, and it looks and works great. All the lights I had before are present and working as they should. Led fuel range, clock, A + B trip and range are all displayed. Good visibility day & night - looks great on the bike ! Go for it !

8. bradp

bradp Member

As for the light colour, mine is a light red.