Springer Trike Kit wobble

Discussion in 'Softail Models' started by thebeersbs2, Oct 18, 2011.

1. thebeersbs2

thebeersbs2 New Member

Last year i added a Trigg Trike Kit 2 my 1990 HD Springer Softail; and have some front end wobble on certain roads; especially if i`m relaxed holding on /or take hand off for a sec. I figured a stabilizer bar might help, but no one seems 2 make one 4 the Springer~~Mikey at OCC said 2 take off the Springer~~well that`s not an option & need the trike kit 2 keep on the road. It rides great on most roads, but unsettling when it happens now & then: any input of where 2 get a bar 2 fit my bike or adapt without 2 much trouble~~Thanx

2. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

My Wife's trike with springer front end did the same on some road surfaces. The original tire had a center groove and I changed it to an Avon without the center grove and solved the problem.

3. thebeersbs2

thebeersbs2 New Member

Well Thanx 4 reply; i put new tires on the same time kit was installed, but the front one is like the original 21-inch skinny tire & doesn`t have a middle groove. Is your wife`s a stock Springer Softail?

4. HDDon

HDDon Experienced Member Contributor Retired Moderators

It's an older style Harley springer, no shock, with a 19" wheel. Did your trike kit come with raked trees?

5. thebeersbs2

thebeersbs2 New Member

No, the stock 1990 front end is already somewhat raked out, the Trigg Trike Kit is an add on (U keep bike back wheel), similar to Voyager Kit, only it sets 5 inches further back than Voyager & has 15 inch trike wheels.