free website stats program Springer question | Harley Davidson Forums

Springer question

Looking at buying a 2006 Springer Classic from a buddys dad. Bike is flawless with only 2500mi on it. Question I had was how often does the frontend need serviced? I read somewhere they should be checked over every 2500mi or so. Is this accurate info? Thanks

Looking at buying a 2006 Springer Classic from a buddys dad. Bike is flawless with only 2500mi on it. Question I had was how often does the frontend need serviced? I read somewhere they should be checked over every 2500mi or so. Is this accurate info? Thanks

easiest way check the owners manual or repair manual if he has it .. or if you can get the VIN # plug it into harleys site under check up and it will tell you what needs to be done .. you can plug in different mileage to see the various stuff

They are a high maintenance front end but I think the cool factor fair out weights it. The service manual maintenance calls for the rockers to be checked and adjusted if needed first service (used to be 500 now I think they let you go 1,000) and every 10,000 miles there after. Don't skip doing it, the front end does need it.

This is right out of a 2006 manual, you were right about lube & adjusting head bearings 2,500, then rockers every 10,000 and Disassemble & inspect head bearings every 20,000 miles, I apologize I'm always sure about what I post, but am I always right, do pigs fly:small3d023:

2006softailmaintance.jpg

Keeping things in perspective, that is between 1 to 2 years for most riders for servicing front steering head bearings and such, verses 2-3 years...! But such is the way of "classic design" I suppose you could put in more durable bearings and races in the front end (they are hidden anyway), but that is the nature of the beast.

Back