free website stats program Spray water trick | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Spray water trick

One thing I would like to NOTE here:

Don't use more than a MIST-SPRAY while performing this De-carbon with water...

CAREFUL as Liquid Doesn't Compress and using too much at one time in a Moving Engine Can and Will damage the Piston to Rod..(BEND)

Also to show how good a liquid works to clean out carbon,,,,, Taking off a head on my V-8 shop trk, I found the water leak by Just Looking at the pistons,,,, One Piston and Head area was Spotless while the others showed carbon.

signed....BUBBIE

One thing I would like to NOTE here:

Don't use more than a MIST-SPRAY while performing this De-carbon with water...

CAREFUL as Liquid Doesn't Compress and using too much at one time in a Moving Engine Can and Will damage the Piston to Rod..(BEND)

Also to show how good a liquid works to clean out carbon,,,,, Taking off a head on my V-8 shop trk, I found the water leak by Just Looking at the pistons,,,, One Piston and Head area was Spotless while the others showed carbon.

signed....BUBBIE

I'll agree totally with this as I found the same to be true when replacing head gaskets in my pickup for that very reason, water getting into the combustion chamber, the piston next to the leak was cleeeeean.
Harley.

I'll agree totally with this as I found the same to be true when replacing head gaskets in my pickup for that very reason, water getting into the combustion chamber, the piston next to the leak was cleeeeean.
Harley.

Wouldn't spraying some carb cleaner in there accomplish the same thing??? At least carb cleaner is combustible.

so if I was to use a spray bottle on mist setting , even if it didn;t help the the occasional misfire I'm getting , it really would not hurt any thing and may actually help by removing some of the built up carbon in the bike . You guys are like Harley mechanic dictionaries . :D

Yes but the final trick is to take the bike for a ride and get it hot enough that the valve guides and stems and the moisture between the piston rings and pistons are all dry, other wise you can get rust starting. Years ago people were experimenting with water injection in their car engines and that was a problem.
Ken

Seafoam makes a spray-in can now. It is used for both fogging engine for storage and to clean up combustion chambers/pistons. Or you could get bottle of Seafoam and mix with gas 3-5 tanks, this will also clean out the crud, and is a lubricant also. Just other options for you.
wilks3
:USA

Well, this seemed like such an intriguing idea that I just had to try it. I've always been of the opinion that if a little works good, then a lot will work better. So I did as that one poster suggested and removed the spark plugs and put my garden hose into each cylinder. Only filled each one up halfway to allow for compression. And since I wanted my motor really clean, I decided to add a few drops of dishwashing soap. Put the plugs back in and here's the test results.....

#1 She sounded really strange when cranking over.
#2 She won't start now.
#3 If she does start, I think she'll run a little cooler.
(liquid cooled without the hassle of a radiator)
#4 You should see the size of the bubbles coming out of my V&H Longshots

Although I think I just fried out my motor, I am now a hero with all the neighborhood kids. They think it's the coolest thing they've ever seen. I am now the proud owner of the world's only HD Super Bubble Blowing Machine. I'm thinking Ringling Brothers may want to buy it next time they come to town.
Oh yeah, Mr. Glider..... my attorney would like your full name and address please.
:D

Well, this seemed like such an intriguing idea that I just had to try it. I've always been of the opinion that if a little works good, then a lot will work better. So I did as that one poster suggested and removed the spark plugs and put my garden hose into each cylinder. Only filled each one up halfway to allow for compression. And since I wanted my motor really clean, I decided to add a few drops of dishwashing soap. Put the plugs back in and here's the test results.....

#1 She sounded really strange when cranking over.
#2 She won't start now.
#3 If she does start, I think she'll run a little cooler.
(liquid cooled without the hassle of a radiator)
#4 You should see the size of the bubbles coming out of my V&H Longshots

Although I think I just fried out my motor, I am now a hero with all the neighborhood kids. They think it's the coolest thing they've ever seen. I am now the proud owner of the world's only HD Super Bubble Blowing Machine. I'm thinking Ringling Brothers may want to buy it next time they come to town.
Oh yeah, Mr. Glider..... my attorney would like your full name and address please.
:D

Now you see , this is what happens when people do not read the post correctly

I would not make a special spark plug fitting you could hook a garden hose up to.

Now you see , this is what happens when people do not read the post correctly

Originally Posted by Dr.Evil
I would not make a special spark plug fitting you could hook a garden hose up to.

But see, I didn't make a special fitting. I just crammed the hose down there with the spray nozzle attached. It was a perfect fit.

I hope you used Lemon Dawn. If not, you could have a chemical reaction with the Lemon Pledge. This is probably the problem, wrong dish soap. :D
wilks3
:USA

Back