free website stats program Spray Chrome? | Harley Davidson Forums

Spray Chrome?

Anyone hear have experiences with spray on chrome? For grins I contacted a few chroming operations in my area to see if it would be cheaper for me to chrome my parts through them as opposed to repurchasing the items in chrome. One of the shops contacted me back and said that they could easily do anything I wanted since they were a spray chrome shop. They claim it's as reflective if not better then electroplating and that they use several coats of clear coat to ensure a protective surface, but I have to seriously wonder about spray chrome. I suppose it might be cheaper and might even be shinier, but it can't be nearly as durable can it? How durable do chromed items really need to be though?

Anyone here used a professional spray chrome shop before and can testify to the quality?

Very interesting..........never heard of spray chrome?? I've seen chrome paint, but it doesn't look as good as true electroplating.

Glider would probably know about as much as I would at this point. The only thing I am working with is a phone number and a few emails from an office manager. Since nobody seems to know very much and I didn't get any immediate responses like "heck no stay away," from here or the internet for that matter, I might just go ahead with a test trial. I bought a set of lower chromed forks on ebay so after they are installed I will have a pair of unchromed OEM lower forks that I will be chroming and then possibly selling if it comes out ok. I was instructed by the rep to send them a picture of what it was I wanted to chrome and they would give me a price. Apparently they do all the prep work as well as mask off any areas that I do not want chromed. I could see this as an advantage for parts that would cost a lot for prep work to have chromed. Maybe they could chrome paint the V block or something while still attached to the bike, huh?

want to see some results I have had powder coated chrome and not really impressed. Paint interested because all I have seen is spay paint chrome and we all know what that looks like!!

Unfortunatley in life, you get , at least most of the time, what you pay for. Even "real" chroming can be done cheaply and not stand up to use, or the elements, at all. Like some of the responders, I would want to see some finished product. Heck, we live in the day and age of scientific break throughs....Who knows?

From what I have seen and read it appears its just paint!! Not a HARD finish like chrome so im sure it would not be anywhere as durable. But it sure does have some nice finishes.

Back