Spray Chrome Paint -09 Side Covers

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by Thumbs, Jul 24, 2010.

1. Thumbs

Thumbs Member

Someone asked the question about spray chrome paint on Road King side covers. I had my side covers chrome paint sprayed on my 2009 Road King Classic (pictures attached) at Mac's Custom Paint two day service. You can see a demonstration of spraying chrome on the attached web page: Why chrome plate it, when you can chrome paint it!

Give Jason a call for an estimate his phone number is on the weblink. This was a lot cheaper than Plastic Chrome Dip and it looks just as good:)

Thumbs

Attached Files:

2. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Looks gr8 - just like they were dipped in chrome. Probably cheaper too...?

3. Bud White

Bud White Well-Known Member Retired Moderators

Looks pretty sweet

4. john c

john c New Member

I like it!!! Really blends beautifully with the rest of the paint scheme. Too bad this paint application wouldn't work on stock forks...or would it?

5. larryjmiller

larryjmiller Junior Member

Wow! Hard to believe its paint. Looks great on the bike too.

6. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Actually I was thinking the same thing, I would like my weathered/plastic coated fronk ends to look nice and fresh again. If paint looks that good and smooth...I would consider it. Thank you for the interesting thread. :57:

7. Breeze3at

Breeze3at Well-Known Member

I bought a can of spray chrome paint, and was happy with the way it looked, but as soon as I washed it, it turned dull. Maybe if it was clear coated with mag wheel clear polyurethane it would last on the forks? I'm gonna look around and see what I can use for a test. I'm thinking the lawnmower needs a bit of shiny paint. :newsmile017: