free website stats program Spotlamps on a 1990 heritage out | Harley Davidson Forums

Spotlamps on a 1990 heritage out

SBD2112

Man..one thing after another...I am no electrican but somehow i do not think both spotlamps would burn out at the same time...not the original owner so is it normal for these things to be wired to a toggle switch on the forks on the 1990 Heritage? Everything else looks good and i cant seem to figure out how to get to the toggle to see if that wire is loose...anyone out there ever have the same issue? Thanks

Not sure about the toggle switch on a 90 model but it is standard on the newer models.

I would first check the fuse for the spotlamps and if all is well there pull the bulbs and check for power and ground with a test light or DVOM.

If you have good power and ground at the light sockets the bulbs are bad. If no power or ground then start to trace the wires for short/broken/loose wire.

Man..one thing after another...I am no electrican but somehow i do not think both spotlamps would burn out at the same time...not the original owner so is it normal for these things to be wired to a toggle switch on the forks on the 1990 Heritage? Everything else looks good and i cant seem to figure out how to get to the toggle to see if that wire is loose...anyone out there ever have the same issue? Thanks

I had the toggle go out on my 94 FLSTC. There is either a hex nut or a round knurled nut holding the switch to the chrome cover. Unscrew the nut and from behind the chrome cover pull the switch out of the hole. There should be enough wire for you to pull the switch far enough out to access the screws holding the wires on.

Just had both spots go bad along with my Low beam all at the same time. Check your voltage with the bike running idle and at about 3000 RPM if it is higher than 15 Volts then replace the voltage regulator. Mine was 17.4 volts and it killed a battery, spots and headlights.

Good Luck,
MonkyMate

You're lucky that's all it killed. The ECM and other components are not to friendly to over voltages.

Disconnect the battery before you work on any thing electrical so there will be no surprises, and have a volt meter or test light handy:s

Back