free website stats program Spot lights | Harley Davidson Forums

Spot lights

KenBratt

Did my first real night riding about a week ago. Playing with the high/low beams I noticed that whenever I put on the high beam my spots go out - they only run with the low beam. Is this normal? Don't I need to see close to the bike with my highbeams on (sarcasm). Is there some way to over ride this?

there is a way to overide this but you will need someone other than me to explain it. If you check the self help tips there are a couple of threads on it with wiring diagram and all.

If you don't want to splice the wiring, and prefer a plug and play option, H-D now offers an adapter. It's fairly easy to install, and works great. It's part number 69200441.

Isn't it funny how HD makes a solution for an application that should already be in place...JMO

Also, check w/your local DMV because running spots on high-beam could be illegal where you live...

Thanks for the info, I will check on the legality of running spots with a high beam. You guys have all been great.

If you don't want to splice the wiring, and prefer a plug and play option, H-D now offers an adapter. It's fairly easy to install, and works great. It's part number 69200441.

I ordered this part from a harley dealer in Pensacola Fl. on April 11,2012. It has not come in yet. Makes me wonder if they the really ordered the part to start with. Going to give them one more week, if it don't come in I am going to ask for my money back:panic

I ordered this part from a harley dealer in Pensacola Fl. on April 11,2012. It has not come in yet. Makes me wonder if they the really ordered the part to start with. Going to give them one more week, if it don't come in I am going to ask for my money back:panic

I would definitely check on it. All the dealers around here have the part in stock, and displayed on the floor with other accessories.

Back