Spot Lights Usage

Discussion in 'Touring Models' started by DWillRide, Nov 24, 2012.

1. DWillRide

DWillRide New Member

I bought my very first bike (2010 Ultra Classic) this September. Being new to riding, I haven't done much riding at night yet. Pardon my ignorance, but when should I use the spot lights?

2. nfusion

nfusion Active Member

you should leave your spot lights on at all times makes you more visable day or night to uncaring car drivers

3. titan307

titan307 Member

i keep mine on all the time. im hoping the more lights i have on the easier a cager can see me especially during daylight. Of course when your brights are on they go off but if i knew how to make them stay on then i would use them too.

4. Rubyred

Rubyred Senior Member

I run with mine on all the time also.

5. gusotto

gusotto Junior Member

For $30, Harley has a jumper/cable that allows the spots to stay on when going to high beam.
    New product.

6. gator508

gator508 Well-Known Member

Good advice here, you can't be too visible to the cagers!

7. Iceman24

Iceman24 Well-Known Member

Added them to my FLHX for this very reason (better visibility for me/others). Mine never go off, unless the key's off...

8. Jack Klarich

Jack Klarich Guest

Harley Davidson Community This should help:s

9. The4opps1

The4opps1 Junior Member

Going along with all f the posts so far, I too keep mine on at all times. It not only makes you more visible in dimming light, but presents a different light patterns for those cagers coming towards you making you stand out more....

10. Old Mike

Old Mike Member

When it comes to light, more is better! I keep them on all the time, I want to be seen, don't say you didn't see me. Put down your cell phone, coffee, lunch, and what ever.