free website stats program Spot/Aux Lights Mod | Harley Davidson Forums

Spot/Aux Lights Mod

Mongo1958

I’m getting ready to modify the Spot/Aux Lights so the spot lights remain on when the High beam is selected.
I’ve researched HDT and the schematics of my bike. It looks like I have 2 choices. Gain access to the Spot/Acc switches or Pug 105 (under the fairing upper left side).
I’m planning on removing the fairing to gain access to Plug 105 and move the yellow wire (Spot lights power wire) to the orange wire (accessory power from 15 amp fuse). The pin numbers are on the schematic diagram and I’ll look them up again when I figure out how to remove the fairing.

I posted this in the wrong section. Would a Moderator please move this the the Touring section. Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I accomplished what you want by using a single pole doublethrow switch. The spots wire would be on the center pole and the spots yellow power wire was on one pole and a seperate power source was on the other pole. This allows me to run the spots normally or on all the time(because the seperate power source would power it on all the time). In my state(and I think all others) the spots have to go off when high beams are applied. I'd flunk the yearly inspection otherwise.

Mongo; Fairing removal is easy. 3 windshield bolts, and 2 on each side, just below your levers, and just inside your fork tubes way down. When bolts are out, lift fairing up and out a little, then reach in and pull the headlight connector straight back. Continue up and tilting out for the fairing. Then sit down and tell your self to be calm, you are not going to mess with ALL of those wires, just a couple. :rofl
While you are in there, check your fairing mounts (above the radio) for cracking.

Put a pair of old socks over the spots, keep from scratching the fairing during removal.

Mongo; Fairing removal is easy. 3 windshield bolts, and 2 on each side, just below your levers, and just inside your fork tubes way down. When bolts are out, lift fairing up and out a little, then reach in and pull the headlight connector straight back. Continue up and tilting out for the fairing. Then sit down and tell your self to be calm, you are not going to mess with ALL of those wires, just a couple. :rofl
While you are in there, check your fairing mounts (above the radio) for cracking.

Piece of cake. Thanks

also HD just came out with a plug and play kit for that...if anyone dosn't feel good about cutting wires and such....

Back