free website stats program Sporty Tach | Harley Davidson Forums

Sporty Tach

What was the first year they took the tach of the Sporty? Why did they take it off and is that when they put the rev limit on?

Sporty "Roadsters" always had the bulky "plain" speedo/tach combo (changed all my clocks) -- for style, easier to read single billit white faced Speedo that glows faint red but deep blue graduations that "looks better"...Harleys have so much torque and low redline that many users prefer "feel" to a guage shift point or light like metric riders.

Sporty "Customs" never had a tach (too bulky and busy instrument cluster, not in line with a custom look, so many customizers pitched them) HD did also...

Sporty "Low" never had a tach (not in line with "minimalist look of street-fighter blackout hotrod")...

IMHO looking at back issues of HD marketing in years past. :newsmile036:

Last edited:
the 1200R models still retain the Tach in the UK, but this has now been replaced by the XR1200 for 2009

Good news for USA riders, I got a brochure from my local HD dealer who says the XR1200 is coming here and they are taking orders now for 2009 1/2?/2010 release...:swoon

Back