free website stats program Sporty Tach to a Softail? | Harley Davidson Forums

Sporty Tach to a Softail?

nogoslim

I've got a guy thats trying to sell me a used tach. It came off a sporty that he use to own. He says it'll work on my 07' FLSTC, but I want to know for sure before I throw good money away. I've never installed a tach. on any of my scooters. If they didn't come with one, I figured it didn't need one. I still feel the same way, but he says he's going to make me a super deal, one I can't refuse. Maybe he's going to sell it to me for a buck. If this is a stupid question, go ahead and make your wise cracks, I need the entertainment... Thanks for any pointers you can share.

Oh man, you took all the fun outta maken fun of ya. Shucks. BTW it doesnt seem like a stupid question. I'm sure someone will help out. Wish I knew.

May want to just look at this install of a Sporty tach on a Custom model (does not have tach like the Roadster model), before you decide to dive in...

http://www.hdtimeline.com/electrical_and_lighting_systems/6614-sportster_tach_install.html

Thanks 74 Fan. I should have mentioned that the tach is a 2 1/2 in. mini. Are the sporty & softail riser clamps the same bolt pattern and size? Will the sporty tach. wire up to a softail without any troubles? I'm thinking it should work, but I thought I'd ask to see if anyone had more smarts on this subject then me... I've never wrenched on a sporty before. Thanks.........

As long as the year of the bikes is close electricaly it should work, 12+,gound,the trigger pulse/and internal light are all about the same on any tach. Would not want to try say a 73 tach on a 07 bike.

Back