free website stats program sporty exhaust ? | Harley Davidson Forums

sporty exhaust ?

michaelt

hello I bought a stock 08 HD sporty 1200 low and would like better sound and preformanmce looking for some advice in pipes. any sugestions will be apreciated

Welcome to the forum michaelt, My favorite for sound are Rineheart slip-on's, if you want the whole exhaust system then it would be the V&H short shots:) also to get that extra performance you're looking for I would team the exhaust up with a S/E heavey breather and top it off with a screamin eagle supper tuner. You'll be looken good and going fast with that combo.

Welcome Michaelt to the HDTimeline Forum...while there are plenty of varied ideas as to what looks and sounds good, perhaps this link from the Self Help tab may help give you an idea. :s

http://www.hdtimeline.com/harley_davidson_exhaust_related_issues/8667-harley_exhaust_comparison.html

I chose true dual straight drag pipes...for both look and sound...later added baffles to quiet the "bark" just a bit to be good to my neighbors! Yes, probably lost a bit of torque, but being a Harley it already has gobs, but gained most of it back by completing the rest of the Stage I mods... :D

Rider-n-Pillion_Mods-1.jpg

Last edited:
hello I bought a stock 08 HD sporty 1200 low and would like better sound and preformanmce looking for some advice in pipes. any sugestions will be apreciated
thank you i was leaning toward v&h short shot but like the longer looking ones thanks again.

Michaelt, a big question is how much louder do you want the bike to be. If you want to be conservative, then the Screamin Eagle slip ons might be OK. I put them on my wife's 08 1200 low and she loved them. I thought they were way too quiet, so I went with a pair of Cycle Shack slip on mufflers and was very happy with them. They have lots of different sytles and designs to choose from and are very reasonable in price. I can tell you that performance wise, my 08 1200R would slowly walk away from my wifes 1200 low when riding side by side. I chose mufflers that looked just like the stock ones, so you really couldn't tell they weren't (other than a great sound).

Samson makes a nice looking set for Sportsters & they are longer. I've heard the exhaust on other bikes (nice rumble) - might want to take a look:

SamsonUsa

Michaelt.
I put the Screamin Eagle slip ons on my 07 1200 R and I am very happy with them. Not too loud , but throatty sound and good performance. I also have the Stage I and ECU was recalibrated. She runs very well, too fast

I like the V&H big radius but they would probably make a sporty look short, longer pipes would look better

I just got the whole HD stage 1 thing done to my 09 883 Sporty today. Screaming Eagle slip-ons, screaming eagle air cleaner, not the heavy breather and the download.

The sound is perfect. Nice and throaty, but tolerable for my neighbors. Really loud at highway speed.

The performance upgrade is pretty noticable as well, although I didnt get to really open it up yet. If you're in Texas check out Javelina Harley near San Antonio. They did the whole thing for under $700.

Now I gotta figure out what to do next!

Back