free website stats program sporty clutch | Harley Davidson Forums

sporty clutch

Painter61

When you have a clutch replaced does the mechanic just change the presure plates or the whole unit. My 06 sporty is going to the garage for a clutch and shoe for the primary chain tesioner and it is olny costing me 360.00 bucks parts and labor to me sounds like a good deal.

Mine just had the whole clutch changed out and cost more than double that. I think you have a fair deal going for parts & labor for just plates, though. They still have to take out the clutch disks and re-assemble, then adjust the clutch. With experienced guy/girl, I hear it shouldn't take too long either. Good luck with it! Mine was a huge improvement over stock parts...so far.

John
WAP.gif

Mine just had the whole clutch changed out and cost more than double that. I think you have a fair deal going for parts & labor for just plates, though. They still have to take out the clutch disks and re-assemble, then adjust the clutch. With experienced guy/girl, I hear it shouldn't take too long either. Good luck with it! Mine was a huge improvement over stock parts...so far.

John
WAP.gif

hello there so what parts did you use ? apparently not stock parts ?

It's not the same bike but a stack of friction disc's are $160 MSRP for my 2009 Dyna. Whatever you install, I would also include a new spring diaphragm. For $30 more (no labor since he has to R&R old one) it is not worth the risk of destroying your new stack. Just my opinion. Others may disagree.

It's not the same bike but a stack of friction disc's are $160 MSRP for my 2009 Dyna. Whatever you install, I would also include a new spring diaphragm. For $30 more (no labor since he has to R&R old one) it is not worth the risk of destroying your new stack. Just my opinion. Others may disagree.

You are 100 here no point in doing a half clutch job:s

Maybe old fashioned, but it was common deal in automotive circles to replace the diaphram due to weakened pressure plate action and think of every clutch/shift activity you push and release it over its' life. Why not since your in there already?

Back