free website stats program sporty and the eagles help please | Harley Davidson Forums

sporty and the eagles help please

marty69dude

Hi, I have a 1994 1200 sportster and a kind mate of mine has given me a pair of screamin eagle slip ons. Only problem is that A:- they are of a 2004 model so they have the two holes in them where the fitting bracket would sit and B:- they dont have a fitting bracket. Can any one suggest a way of making these little buggers fit. Or is there and adaptor I can buy. If I do get them to fit is it ok just to cap off and weld the fitting hole in each slip on. Thank you for your help, Martin.

94 has crossover on the pipe, believe 04 has it on the muffler. Not worth messing with them. Buy new ones made for your bike. Like vance and hines better anyhow.

67hat34c is correct, my '04 Sporty has a hidden black crossover manifold linking the two mufflers parallel to them. Older models have the chrome crossover bridging the two pipes just below the air cleaner. I suppose if everything else fit, you could weld the holes up as they are hidden, but most people just get the right slip-ons and go about the rest of the Stage I business of A/C upgrade and carb work...jetting/slide height/idle mixture screw access and adjustment. Should be good for at least 10-15% or approx. 10-12 HP typically across the power band, cooler running, well behaved engine.

Back