free website stats program Sportster seat? | Harley Davidson Forums

Sportster seat?

Mueller

I have a deal for a seat from my HD dealer. I tried the sundowner and it seemed to push me forward and I felt awkward in that seat. I have a '09 sportster low and my son has a '05 custom sportster. His seat looks a little thicker than my stock seat and it's more comfortable than mine. I wonder what seat is on his bike, he bought it used so the seat could have been changed. Question is, is there a more comfortable seat from HD other than the sundowner that would be a bit more comfy than my stock seat?

Thanks
Mueller

Mueller, you might ask your son if he can pull the seat and look at underside for model #, maker even a bar code. You may also want to take a picture of it...as you said it could be a custom, but usually the maker will put some identifier that makes his product unique; if they are proud of the work and really want to sell more, but sometimes great work is not signed.

i put the solo reach seat on my 09 1200L. it brings you closer 1/2 in and lower's you 1/2 in. without making it uncomfortable. i love it. very comfortable. it came with the 2 up seat but since i'm short i couldn't plant me feet well enough to suit me plus this way don't have to make excuses for no passengers.

Both my wife and I went with the sundowner seats on our 08 Sportsters(mine was an XL1200R and hers an XL1200L). The sundowner was a lot more comfortable than either of our stock seats are. I still have a like new sundowner in the box and the stock seat from wife's Low since we both traded up to bigger bikes. There are a lot of other companies out that make seats for Sportsters-try checking on line at denniskirk.com they have quite a few and anything over $100 is free shipping. They are out of Minnesota and I have had very good luck purchsing from them. Hope you find something that will work for you! If not, I will give you a good deal on the sundowner I have.

Back