Sportster seat?

Discussion in 'Sportster Models' started by Mueller, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Mueller

Mueller Member

I have a deal for a seat from my HD dealer. I tried the sundowner and it seemed to push me forward and I felt awkward in that seat. I have a '09 sportster low and my son has a '05 custom sportster. His seat looks a little thicker than my stock seat and it's more comfortable than mine. I wonder what seat is on his bike, he bought it used so the seat could have been changed. Question is, is there a more comfortable seat from HD other than the sundowner that would be a bit more comfy than my stock seat?

Thanks
    Mueller

2. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

Mueller, you might ask your son if he can pull the seat and look at underside for model #, maker even a bar code. You may also want to take a picture of it...as you said it could be a custom, but usually the maker will put some identifier that makes his product unique; if they are proud of the work and really want to sell more, but sometimes great work is not signed.

3. SPORTY LADY

SPORTY LADY Active Member

i put the solo reach seat on my 09 1200L. it brings you closer 1/2 in and lower's you 1/2 in. without making it uncomfortable. i love it. very comfortable. it came with the 2 up seat but since i'm short i couldn't plant me feet well enough to suit me plus this way don't have to make excuses for no passengers.

4. sgt_1230

sgt_1230 Active Member

Both my wife and I went with the sundowner seats on our 08 Sportsters(mine was an XL1200R and hers an XL1200L). The sundowner was a lot more comfortable than either of our stock seats are. I still have a like new sundowner in the box and the stock seat from wife's Low since we both traded up to bigger bikes. There are a lot of other companies out that make seats for Sportsters-try checking on line at denniskirk.com they have quite a few and anything over $100 is free shipping. They are out of Minnesota and I have had very good luck purchsing from them. Hope you find something that will work for you! If not, I will give you a good deal on the sundowner I have.

5. Mongrel

Mongrel Account Removed

check out steelthunder custom cycles they have a few to pick from if that helps