free website stats program Sportster odd sound? | Harley Davidson Forums

Sportster odd sound?

Maybe the folks who have viewed this do not have the experience to judge the sound. ;) I'm sure someone will be along and let you know.

Maybe the folks who have viewed this do not have the experience to judge the sound. ;) I'm sure someone will be along and let you know.

I hope so. A few have PM'd me. Most say its a normal sound but I have had people on the street stop me and say "hey that don't sound too good bro". so I just need clarification.

Recorded sounds are nearly impossible to diagnose. I did not hear anything that sounded out of the ordinary, but that's a guess. One thing I do know, your recorder is pretty good!

Recorded sounds are nearly impossible to diagnose. I did not hear anything that sounded out of the ordinary, but that's a guess. One thing I do know, your recorder is pretty good!

lol, thanks. I used my phone. it's a Samsung Galaxy S III smartphone. Records in full 1080p! I love it.

Sporties sound like sewing machines.I think this one is fine,and now kinda miss my sporty.

Attachments

• 18654_1161528087807_305780_n.jpg
    18654_1161528087807_305780_n.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 6
Some gear clatter is acceptable, you have 4 cams fighting for clearances in there, have you checked your primary chain? Noises do travel

Sounds like a sportster to me I would go and drag mine out of the shed and run it just to be sure but it is too cold too windy and too dark at the moment :( but sportsters do make some sounds of their own best thing to do if find another similar bike and compare the sound to be sure

Brian

Back