Sportster Makeover (part2)

Discussion in 'General Harley Davidson Topic' started by Flashback, Sep 29, 2009.

1. Flashback

Flashback Active Member

We got the Backbone extended and the down tubes redone. We got the jockey shift and the front end on. Now we move on to the tank remount and front brake then all the little finishing touches. So here are a few picks of where we started and where we are now. will post the final pic when everything is done. Enjoy

Started with this...........
    [​IMG]

Went to this..................
    [​IMG]

Where we are now..........
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Lre me know what ya think

2. Flashback

Flashback Active Member

foot clutch that's why I decided to put on a front break I've lost a little of my adventuresnous in my old age lol :D

3. Rewind

Rewind Active Member

Looks good!!! I'm looking forward to the finished bike!!!

4. glenalt

glenalt Junior Member

Wow, I think it's going to be one fine machine. Can't wait to see the finish product. Great job!

5. Randall K. Wilson

Randall K. Wilson Junior Member

Is that an 883 or a 1200 or what?

6. Flashback

Flashback Active Member

Started life as a 97 883 I bought used with 10,000 miles as a project bike. I did a 1200 rebuild on it about a year and a half ago. Since it just sits in my shop as a spare for when the others are being worked on we decided to do a mid 60's "chop" on it this year and make a bar hopper out of it and next year we are debating taking it to a 90" and jamming a 6 speed in the box.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2009
  7. NEWHD74FAN

NEWHD74FAN Experienced Member Retired Moderators

That is a mighty fine looking upgrade to a 60's chopper. Hmm 90" w/ 6 speed is now starting to deliver on the performance angle, even better than the "modest performance and cosmetic mods" done so far...can't wait! :D

8. Randall K. Wilson

Thanks for the response. Sir what you are doing is the "real deal". I envy folk that have the talent to create in the manner that you do...and the pipes, look awesome on that scoot. Thanks a heap for posting this thread.:)

9. Flashback

Flashback Active Member

Thanks for the nice comments. Glad you are all likeing my project bike. I know that the old style of chopper is not to everyones taste nowadays but I am stoked about going back to my roots and building it. Can hardly wait to get it off the operating table and ride it....

10. Randall K. Wilson

IMHO Your project is going from a craft...to pure art form! Bonified, fortified, certified.:s
    I wish I was on the sidelines watching with delight!