free website stats program Sportster gas tank paint job???? | Harley Davidson Forums

Sportster gas tank paint job????

Does anyone have any recomendations for someone who can paint a new tank? I am just looking to get vivid black to match the rest and some of the local NEPA painters are totally outragous with their prices. Someone that is reasonably priced also. Thanks

Does anyone have any recomendations for someone who can paint a new tank? I am just looking to get vivid black to match the rest and some of the local NEPA painters are totally outragous with their prices. Someone that is reasonably priced also. Thanks

Any local body shop should be able to do a tank. Don't tell them you want color matching. Tell them you want black.

Try doing it yourself. the new base/clears they have are just about infailable

If you are so inclined, here is a website to obtain HD paints...just be aware, in these Ecological/Hard times, paints like these may be difficult to obtain in the near future, so those who need touch-up paints, may want to get a bit for fixing minor paint issues.

Adventure Harley-Davidson

While it is expensive, like Rich said E-bay is pretty good and of course you can get custom work done by MOCO custom works to have the tins done, but keep your old ones.

There are others who have a lot of experience with paint. Whatyardwork has in the past provided some very good insight on PPG who is an OEM provider of HD colors/paints, you might PM him if you feel like giving it a shot. There are some great artists who have posted here some of their superb personal works... :D

If you are so inclined, here is a website to obtain HD paints...just be aware, in these Ecological/Hard times, paints like these may be difficult to obtain in the near future, so those who need touch-up paints, may want to get a bit for fixing minor paint issues.

Adventure Harley-Davidson

While it is expensive, like Rich said E-bay is pretty good and of course you can get custom work done by MOCO custom works to have the tins done, but keep your old ones.

There are others who have a lot of experience with paint. Whatyardwork has in the past provided some very good insight on PPG who is an OEM provider of HD colors/paints, you might PM him if you feel like giving it a shot. There are some great artists who have posted here some of their superb personal works... :D

PPG is a good provider of paints.Sometimes not the cheapest,but even with PPG this tank paint over would be about $120. You can't buy a tank for that! And there is something to be said for the satisfaction of doing it yourself!JMHO

Absolutely agree with you Steve, just did not want Chris to think doing it himself was the only option, as he was asking if we could recommend good painters, and yes I forgot to include your knowledge on good paint suppliers...sorry!

BTW, I even saw a tank with tins selling on Craigs list in bright yellow for about $300-400 so yes there are deals to be had...!

I don't trust E-bay ,but there are a lot of nice tanks on there to

I like Craigs' list better, only because it is local and not so "well traveled" which means it is easier to score a great deal...got my Sporty there and couldn't be happier. Just have to be VERY CAREFUL...!

Back