free website stats program Sportster engine question | Harley Davidson Forums

Sportster engine question

ahern25

My brother has a 883 custom bone stock. I was wondering if I can use my stock cylinders from an 06 softail and heads and install them in his 883. Wondering if anyone has attempted this or has actually done it. Any response would be great. Thanks.

My brother has a 883 custom bone stock. I was wondering if I can use my stock cylinders from an 06 softail and heads and install them in his 883. Wondering if anyone has attempted this or has actually done it. Any response would be great. Thanks.

The 883 (3" bore) and the 1200 (3 1/2" bore) sportsters are the same in the bolting of heads and cylinders and They do Cross reference Just fine with each other.

BUT NO WAY will they fit from your bike..:D Too many Differences and even a machine shop would not take that challenge like that...:newsmile105:

That would sure make a Nice BIG Motor though:D

signed....BUBBIE

IF your Brother wants a hot rod..... Easy....

Get his cylinders bored to 3.5" use 10.5/1 wiseco pistons, AND pistons in hand for the borer to fit properly...

Open the air intake with SE air from HD and a pair of SE slip-ons to open exhaust. (other options here)

Use the SAME 883 Heads for the Most Power from that bike. (saves $$$)

If Carbed? the bike needs larger Idle and Main Jets (a few dollars)

IF fuel injected, A TFI/Gen3 is necessary.. 50$$$ off and Free shipping from Dobecks by just being a member here on HDT..com.........
(PM Dallas First at "Dobeck Tech Support" ) About 200$ after Discount from Dobecks

(all for about 800$$ aprox.)

NOW that WILL make that 883 into a Real BEAST:D

signed....BUBBIE

Thanks for your reply and information. I will be sure to tell my brother about your advise on set-up. Hope we start this project soon. Cant wait.

Back