free website stats program Sportster electrical problem?????? | Harley Davidson Forums

Sportster electrical problem??????

geno

2006 xl 883 stock.the maxi fuse keeps blowing with the regulator hooked up??????,also front and rear turn signals have power to them with key in off position.i performed all the required tests regulator is good, stator is good, new battery. All connections are clean and tight.im unable to retrieve codes because speedo is broke. Also bike will not start. All lights, horn work when key is turned on except flashers or HAZARDS TURN SIGS. JUST STAY ON. Im puzzled i also checked all the main wire harness and connectors, and hand controls. What could be powering the turn signals with the key off??? What would cause a known good regulator to keep blowing maxi fuse when plugged in??

Not sure where to start other than you will need to give us some more info such as, is this bike new to you and was it this way when you got it, if not when did this start happening and what where you doing at the time? Was the bike in an accident? Any recent mods or repairs done? If the bike is not running, what tests did you perform to come to the conclusion that the regulator and stator are good? Why has the battery been replaced? What exactly do you mean by the speedo is broke? Is the maxi fuse blowing with the regulator hook up both while the ignition key is in the on and off positions?

I know this is not the answer you were hoping for, but, it sounds like you have some serious wiring/electrical issues and the more info you can give us the easier it will be to help you track down the problem(s).

2006 xl 883 stock.the maxi fuse keeps blowing with the regulator hooked up??????,also front and rear turn signals have power to them with key in off position.i performed all the required tests regulator is good, stator is good, new battery. All connections are clean and tight.im unable to retrieve codes because speedo is broke. Also bike will not start. All lights, horn work when key is turned on except flashers or HAZARDS TURN SIGS. JUST STAY ON. Im puzzled i also checked all the main wire harness and connectors, and hand controls. What could be powering the turn signals with the key off??? What would cause a known good regulator to keep blowing maxi fuse when plugged in??

You have a short in the main harness, has this bike been wrecked? Have you checked the ignition switch and wires to the starter? have you had the handle bars and controls off recently? If you have done any work to the bike recently I bet if you back track you will find your problem

Back