free website stats program Sportster Crash Bars | Harley Davidson Forums

Sportster Crash Bars

cedarbrook63

I've been given a Fehling crash bar unit for my 883 Sporty. Any one out there fitted these to a Sportster and/or have any opinions or comments?:)

Don't call them CRASH BARS. That's an inducation of use.
Please refer to them as HIGHWAY BARS.
Ride safe.

Good point. They do little or nothing in an actual crash. They are useful however if you drop the bike or it falls over from preventing major damage.

Sorry if my terminology offends but it is an idiomatic description this side of the Atlantic! Since we don't have "Highways" here and they were made in Germany - I'll call them Motorway bars or Autobahn bars instead. Hope they never ever have to function.:D

hehe actually if you go over sideways they do help for a limited time by keeping the bike off your leg at least untill the bike catches and goes airborn of they bend .... hope you never find out hehe

hehe actually if you go over sideways they do help for a limited time by keeping the bike off your leg at least untill the bike catches and goes airborn of they bend .... hope you never find out hehe

Amen my friend :D May we all stay rubber side down with the Crash/Highway/Motorway Bars forever shiney and unscratched:laugh

It's okay Cedarbrook, my Tom-Tom when set to USA still calls a highway a "motorway"...but with that deep sexy voice, who am I to argue? I was kinda wondering if I change it to her majesty's English if the alternate voice will have a different name...
I am with you, about "crash bars" hopefully a mis-nomer in a big way, I prefer BigLew's "Sparkler Bars" myself, just because I am easily amused. :rofl

It's okay Cedarbrook, my Tom-Tom when set to USA still calls a highway a "motorway"...but with that deep sexy voice, who am I to argue? I was kinda wondering if I change it to her majesty's English if the alternate voice will have a different name...
I am with you, about "crash bars" hopefully a mis-nomer in a big way, I prefer BigLew's "Sparkler Bars" myself, just because I am easily amused. :rofl

I first ever used a satnav - a Garmin - on my first driving experience (cage:D) in your great country in San Diego - a lovely soft American voice that we named Momee coz she was looking after us. So snap! We still use our American voice "Momee" and maybe you should choose a nice posh English name like Emily or Victoria for the TOM-TOM:D I hear they make a Homer Simpson voice now that says D'OH!!! every time you miss a turn:lolrolling

Ride safe and have fun.

Back