free website stats program Sportster clutch problem | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sportster clutch problem

We put the Mueller in Mz Bling's bike and it did make a difference in the ease of pull. (51,000 + plus miles and the Queen's Happy...) Interesting: we ended up using the 3 balls from her original which were slightly bigger than the ones that came with the Mueller. A little experimenting helped with that. We also had her original clutch lever heated , bent in a little and chromed to fit her small hand better. People are amazed at the ease of pull for it being a XL1200.
Hope this helps,
Craig

Craig has you covered...adding a clutch pull kit mod is the ticket...about $30 and quart of Spectrol or equivalent Primary/Chaincase lube $10 or Formula + (remember there is a wet clutch in there). Fairly simple...additional cost of a primary gasket $30 and a little elbow grease. Patience is the key and do take a look in the Self Help section for details.:bigsmiley12:

well not sure this will help you but the clutch on my 94 1200 sportster was hard to pull and the adjustment kept changing . the clutch adjust bearing fell apart and lock the clutch up .. i installed and new bearing and steel and lined plates and a new cable from JP cycles . omg it is so easy now , it has never felt like this . half the time i can't even feel it shift . your bearing could be on its way out and making it stiff . the bearing is very easy to install , all you need is a pair of snap ring pliers . remove the inspection cover and the spring and nut ,remove the ramp from the cable , then remove the inner snap ring and remove the adjusting screw and bearing together . my clutch is so easy and smooth , it was so hard i thought i was going to break the cable . hope this help you .

Back