free website stats program sportster 883r with electrical problems | Harley Davidson Forums

sportster 883r with electrical problems

hotrodder

Hello, i'm new on this forum and i'm from belgium. First of all i will tell the symptoms that i have:
1:when disarming the alarm(factory built in) i don't hear a chirp and the flasher won't go on and the neutral and oil lamp light a little bit up
2:when i drive the bike the engine contral light en and the batterie light go on
3:sometimes when i drive the bike the speedo falls out, the tacho falls out en the flashers won't work.

All these symptoms came at once.

So i've red out the dtc's and i have p0562

So i've tested the charging system described on the forum:
1: battery fully charged and tested out= battery ok
2: regulator test= on each pin i get 0.02v
3: stator ohm measurement =0.5 ohm
4: stator ground test = no ground
5: stator test: 18vac-22vac

when i measure the battery when the engine is running i get 14v, i didn't had a chance to measure when the engine light and the battery light lit up.

So i don't know what to do, can all these problems come from a bad regulator or do i have several problems.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

i didn't find a way to edit my post. My sportster is from 2005.
Can somebody help me

Last edited by a moderator:
i have p0562

when i measure the battery when the engine is running i get 14v,

Before you even start to correct any issues, you need to rid the bike of the P0562.
Is the 2005 Sportster a 1 or 3 phase stator? How many output wires are coming out of the stator, 2 or 3.

Clear the error code and run the bike to see if it re-appears.
When you test the output of the battery, you must give the voltage to (2) places. 14.XX

i'ts a 2 phase stator, and when i clear the code. After running the bike it reappears.

It can't be 2 phase unless the output voltage of the wires was in relationship to frame ground and I know that is not the case.

Plus we still do not know if the 14 volts you read on your meter was 14.01 or 14.99 because all you told us was 14 volts.

Back