free website stats program Sportster 1200C Lowering | Harley Davidson Forums

Sportster 1200C Lowering

Billy

I am lowering wife/s sporty 1200c by cutting the springs evenly. Spring is already at it's lowest point, stock. How do you get the spring out of the housing?

I am lowering wife/s sporty 1200c by cutting the springs evenly. Spring is already at it's lowest point, stock. How do you get the spring out of the housing?

Why do you want to remove the spring? Lowering bikes makes them handle out of the range of the designed geometry IMO I have lowered baggers and did not like the way they handled, I would opt for a lower profile seat and thicker soled boots, JMO

was lowering to make it easier to handle for my wife.

My 2000 harley custom was lowered, I lowered countless bikes in my younger days, I know it can be done, just don't know how to remove the keeper to get to the spring

Last edited by a moderator:
My 2000 harley custom was lowered, I lowered countless bikes in my younger days, I know it can be done, just don't know how to remove the keeper to get to the spring

I think if you compress it and remove the snap ring at the top the spring will slide off, but be careful that spring is under a bit of pressure

Back