free website stats program Sporster "wiggle". | Page 2 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sporster "wiggle".

On my 06 1200-C with progressive front springs and rear shocks, I don't have any handling problems. I just put on Venom 21" front and Venom 16" rear tires and now it's even better. I never drove it with the stock suspension so I cant compare it to that...

Stovebolt,

I am picking this thread back up to see what you learned and what you can share about the problem. I have an 07 1200L and lately I feel that the rear of the bike seems a little unsettled during cornering (this is very unnerving!). More specifically, it feels that the rear tire starts to slide/step out towards the outside of the corner as if I am hitting oil/ice/sand or something. Nothing dramatic (thankfully) yet, but I am hoping to glean some insights from those of you more knowledgeable than myself. Tire pressures are factory recommended, suspension is stock, preload setting is 1st setting (I only ride solo).

Any help is appreciated.

I notice that my 1200L0w does the Sportster wiggle when its windy, It had only 1000 miles on it when I noticed this. I plan to change shocks to 12 progressives in the future. It rides like a hardtail.and I use it to go to TIM Hortons . Thats a chain of doughnut shops in Canada. For serious touring I use my 99 Goldwing . I seriously doubt I would buy a Harley Electraglide considering the bad experiences I have had with the MOCo.

Back