free website stats program Sporster 1, Deer 0 | Harley Davidson Forums

Sporster 1, Deer 0

Jcannon

Well, Thursday night I was traveling down RT. 11 in North East PA. when a deer jumped out in front of me. Oh please don't go down. Where my first thoughts.. Then SMACK.... err ouch what was that was my second. Luckily I was able to keep the bike in a straight line and keep going. No damage to the bike just a boat load of deer hair. Deer went to his belly knocking my foot off of the rear brake and peg. Foot hurt for about an hour. Me and the bike are fine and that officially marks the end of night time riding for this year. Huning season is coming up and anyone who lives in nepa know the dear are everywhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
What, you didn't draw from concealment and shoot on the move before you hit him :D(kinda like the wild west shootin' off the horses). Seriously, glad you won. No damage at all to the bike? Good keeping your head thru the excitement.

How shaky were your legs after it was over? Tracy

Yep, you were lucky as I was but not friend of mine, last two week, we were out riding on late evening, he's leading and I was right behind, a deer jumped out and my friend hit it while the deer was in mid air, threw the deer back at me but missed me by inches, I was able to slow down and go around it, my friend's bike lost a windshield, front lighting system and handle bar plus some minor damage on the front fender and fuel tank, his helmet full of deer blood and hair but he was OK. He wasn't drop his bike until we both came to stop. Some how his left knee got hurt so bad that he just couln't stand up, the bike stills rideable but the local cop wants it tow to his house and send him to hospital just to make sure. By the way, he has loud pipes on his and mine are OEM. (may be the Gremlin bell saved me, I'm a believer now)

Glad your okay & the bike wasn't damaged to boot, but they do make replacement bike parts. Body parts are a different story.

Glad your okay & the bike wasn't damaged to boot, but they do make replacement bike parts. Body parts are a different story.

They do make replacement body parts too:newsmile093: .......but the cost a lot more than harley parts....and they only have a few on the market so far:D

glad your ok Jcannon, I've known a few people that weren't so lucky, and heard of a lot more. Go on youtube and search dear and motorcycles if your not paranoide enough already from hitting one.

They do make replacement body parts too:newsmile093: .......but the cost a lot more than harley parts....and they only have a few on the market so far:D

Yes, but from what I have seen, new body parts are never as good as the old originals. :s However, if the old original is broke, the new body parts are worth every penny. We just wish they would get an ankle replacement for a big guy that would last more than 7 years. I would get hubby fixed right up! :D

Trish,

It was either gun or grab the bars... I dunno. I should have stopped and chased it down and ended it with my bare hands :)

Back