free website stats program Spokes on Nightster | Harley Davidson Forums

Spokes on Nightster

I have an 07 Nightster which I have to keep in a Bike Barn on the Drive. I have noticed the spokes on the wheels are starting to look a bit pitted where it is damp most of the time. Has anybody got any ideas what I can put on them to stop Rust/Pitting developing. Winter's on it's way and it's only going to get damper!

Spray some WD40 on the spokes to stop the pitting. Just don't get it on the brake discs. You may also want to consider a light bulb under the cover of the bike barn. I would use a ceramic fixture like used in the basement with about a 60 watt bulb mounted to a piece of plywood about 12"X12" for stability and sit it under the bike. The heat from the bulb will keep the moisture at bay somewhat.

Spray some WD40 on the spokes to stop the pitting. Just don't get it on the brake discs. You may also want to consider a light bulb under the cover of the bike barn. I would use a ceramic fixture like used in the basement with about a 60 watt bulb mounted to a piece of plywood about 12"X12" for stability and sit it under the bike. The heat from the bulb will keep the moisture at bay somewhat.

What ---- No pledge??!! ha-ha !!!:D

Thanks Glider I'll give the WD40 a try. I can't use the light bulb because I can't get power to the drive. :newsmile093:Do you boy's get paid to advertise Pledge ?:newsmile093: I see it popping up everywhere on the Forum !!:newsmile093::D

Last edited:
+1 on the WD40 or you can use Duck oil.
my nighty lives outside in the back yard with nothing more than a bike cover to protect it & it survived last winter just fine thanks to good old WD40.

Back